Monday, June 6, 2011

Put That on Your Cup and Brew It

Dear Starbucks Barista (who bears an odd resemblance to Johnny Depp),

I was looking to you to jump start my day. I know it's Monday, but how 'bout not walking away (thrice, might I add) mid-order and let me know when you're ready so I don't have to repeat myself for the fourth time. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, contrary to your belief, I am not spitting out random letters when you ask me how to spell my name. Though maybe I'll start doing that.

Sincerely,
"Teryn"

P.W.
I do have to give you credit for a close attempt at spelling my name correctly. At least you didn't spell it T-i-f-f-a-n-y (No, really. Someone actually got Tiffany from Taryn.), T-y-r-o-n-e (even though this was my old nickname in basketball), or T-a-n-y-a, which leads me to believe people aren't really listening at all.

P.T.
Ok, fine. You caught me calling the kettle black, I'm not the best at remembering names either ... but I do remember faces.

P.T.T.
What if you did a quick sketch of my face instead of my name? Or, if I blurt out random sound effects, will you write it like they do in the old Batman series with little lightning bolts and such? How 'bout I do a quick little jig? Can you put that on my cup? To save time, you can use stick figures. Let's say I wanted to do "The Shopping Cart" dance. You could draw a little interpretive ditty like this to represent said dance.

This should be a trend.

And speaking of should-be-trends, here's my PSA for today:

Purchase a bottle of Ethos® Water from Starbucks, and they will donate to support humanitarian programs in coffee-growing communities. Ethos® Water spreads awareness about the world water crisis and helps children around the world get clean water.
Contrary to my initial gripe this morning, tip of the imaginary top hat to Starbucks - I'll pay a little extra for a good cause.

*Shopping Cart Dance interpretive sketch is a Marcy Magoo original. Thanks and gig'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment