Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It

Ok, friends and strangers ... I'm sure you're probably thinking "Make up your mind, woman!" for changing the look of my blog for the third time, but I was trying to figure out what exactly this La-La Land should look like so I can establish a "brand", if you will. It's a lot of pressure! Not really, there are just too many options. Yeah, remember our talk about options and indecisive girls? But I'm pretty confident I like this makeover. I may make a nip here or a tuck there, but I won't go Joan Rivers on you guys. I liked the crazy colors of the last look, but it was getting a little harsh on the eyes. (Read: if I, at 23 with relatively healthy eyes, am having issues reading the thoughts of Marcy Magoo, I don't want to alienate any of my wiser readers.) Enter the current background. It made me think of a Rorschach (pronounced 'Rorshak') ink blot test which I think I thunk is similar to my kind of thinking ... don't ya think? It's random in appearance and when looked at with a different eye, you can find many things in one. Didn't know Marcy was philosophical, huh? It just got real, yo. And the fact that those Rorschach tests are used in psychology to detect underlying thought disorders, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly? That's just coincidence. Besides, I'll openly tell you my thought patterns... but don't say I never warned you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

P.W.
I just want to thank everyone for reading! And can we just talk about how I think my favorite part of this blog (aside from the fact that I can get all of these crazy thoughts out) is how I can see what countries have ended up here (by either stumbling across my page and/or on purpose after stumbling)? Aside from my American readers, I've got 10 views from Singapore! I'm really not trying to brag, I just think that is so cool! Who knows if it's one person or 10 people (or any combination in between), but shout out to my Singaporeans!

P.T.
Thoughts, comments and feedback are welcome. Also, if you have a thought you'd like Magoogalized, send it in!


Thanks and Gig' Em
Find more info on Rorschach tests on Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment